Große Theaterstraße 25
Tel. +49 (0)40 35 68 68 | Fax +49 (0)40 35 68 610
Tel. +49 (0)40 35 68 222
Monday to Friday, 11 am to 6.30 pm
Saturday 10.00 am to 6.30 om
(on 26 August 2023 10.00 am to 2.00 pm), closed on Sundays and holidays.
The evening box office at the State Opera and at the Elbphilharmonie open 90 minutes before a performance. We kindly ask for your understanding that during evening box office hours, at the State Opera guest for the current performance have priority and that in some cases, advance sales cannot take place even during regular box office hours. At the Elbphilharmonie only tickets for the morning/evening in question can be purchased.
Tickets can usually also be purchased at all known ticket sales points, via Hamburg Tourismus GmbH and via eventim.de and the CTS Eventim sales points.
Register once, and you can select your tickets easily and comfortably, book and pay for them, and print them out at home, or send them directly to your mobile phone. We charge a postage and handling fee of €3.00 for sending tickets by mail. You may purchase tickets via our online shop using your credit card (Visa, MasterCard), via "Direct Wire Transfer" or via SEPA direct debit.
Tickets can be purchased at our Ticket Services office in cash and by using your debit or credit card; sales via the phone or in writing can be paid for via credit card (Visa/MasterCard) or by payment via SEPA direct debit. Tickets ordered by mail or phone must be picked up and paid for within seven days after the reservation has been received; the exact date will be noted in your written reservation confirmation or during your phone order. If you wish, we are happy to mail you your tickets, charging a €3.00 postage and handling fee together with the ticket price. Tickets will be mailed after payment has been completed. Written requests will be filled in the order they are received. In principle, tickets once purchased cannot be returned or exchanged. Please consult our General Terms and Conditions, which are available via Ticket Services or here.
- Children, teenagers and young adults under theage of 30 receive a rebate of 20% for performances
in the Main Auditorium of the State Opera and tickets in ticket categories 1 - 7. In addition, students, apprentices, Federal Volunteer Service members (all up to the age of 30) may receive available tickets for same-day performances at the evening box office for a fixed price of €15.00. Please also note our offers of "YouthCards" and "FamilyCards".
A limited number of tickets for concerts of the Philharmonic State Orchestra for high school and university students (up to the age of 30) are available via the Ticket Service of the State Opera as well as the online ticket service of the Philharmonic Orchestra for € 10,00. Up to two discount tickets may be purchased per concert per
person. The discount is available for tickets in the Price Categories 2 and 3. Student IDs must be shown when entering the venue.
- Unemployed persons and recipients of unemployment benefits (Arbeitslosengeld II) / welfare may receive a reduction of 50% on ticket categories 1-7 at the evening box office. The State Opera also participates in the programmes of the organizations "Hamburger Kulturschlüssel" and "KulturLeben Hamburg" with offers that vary from month to month.
- Handicapped persons with a certified handicap of at least 80% and their accompanying persons, if applicable, will receive a reduction of 50% on the ticket prices at the box office.
- Groups of at least 10 persons receive a reduction of 10% for performances in price categories C to G in ticket categories 1 to 5; groups from 30 to 80 persons receive a 20% rebate. Groups of at least 25 persons also receive one free ticket for accompanying persons.
- Groups of at least 10 students accompanied by a teacher responsible for the group will receive reduced tickets at €10.00 per ticket for group orders placed for performances in the Main Hall. More information for schools can be found on the jung page.
Use of the State Opera cloakrooms is free for audience members. Large items (coats, umbrellas, large bags and comparable unwieldy items) may not be taken into the auditorium.
We are happy to mail you the monthly programme flyers for the State Opera free of charge. You may also subscribe to the State Opera's Journal for a €12 postage fee (subscribers and Opera Card holders pay €6 per season). Orders will be accepted by phone at +49 (40) 35 68 68. Our email newsletters inform you regularly about our current programme and other noteworthy facts from the opera and ballet world. Please register free of charge on our websites.
Enjoy a rich culinary selection in the stylish atmosphere of our State Opera foyers – one hour before any performance and during intermissions.