By order of the authorities, all performances in all venues and all concerts with the Philharmonic State Orchestra in the Elbphilharmonie were unfortunately cancelled at the Hamburg State Opera from March 13 to June 28, 2020 due to the coronavirus. A second closure has been ordered for the period from November 2, 2020.
If you had purchased tickets for performances in the period March 13 to June 28, 2020, you can apply for a refund here. Refunds for tickets for events from November 2, 2020, you can apply here.
Große Theaterstraße 25
Due to official orders, the box office of the Hamburg State Opera is temporarily closed.
Regular Opening Hours:
Monday - Saturday
10 am – 6:30 pm
You can reach the ticket and subscription service
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org , by telephone at (040) 35 68 68or by fax at (040) 35 68 610.
The evening box office at the State Opera opens 90 minutes before a performance. We kindly ask for your understanding that during evening box office hours, guests for the current performance have priority and that in some cases, advance sales cannot take place even during regular box office hours.
Register once, and you can select your tickets easily and comfortably, book and pay for them, and print them out at home, or send them directly to your mobile phone. We charge a postage and handling fee of €3.00 for sending tickets by mail. You may purchase tickets via our online shop using your credit card (Visa, MasterCard), via "Direct Wire Transfer" or via SEPA direct debit.
Please note: For the announced performances from March 08, 2021, there will be no ticket sales until further notice. The familiar staggered ticket sales procedure* will be resumed as soon as there is sufficient planning certainty. In individual cases, therefore, there may also be shorter advance sales, about which we will inform accordingly in the in the news on the website, in the newsletter (in german) or via the social media channels (in german).
*The general advance sale starts four weeks before each event date, subscribers can purchase additional subscription tickets one week before. If these dates fall on a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday, sales begin on the last working day (Monday to Friday) before. Subscriptions will continue to be suspended. Subscribers receive a right of first refusal for subscription performances at subscription conditions, of which they will be informed in writing in each case.
Tickets can be purchased at our Ticket Services office in cash and by using your debit or credit card; sales via the phone or in writing can be paid for via credit card (Visa/MasterCard) or by payment via SEPA direct debit. Tickets ordered by mail or phone must be picked up and paid for within seven days after the reservation has been received; the exact date will be noted in your written reservation confirmation or during your phone order. If you wish, we are happy to mail you your tickets, charging a €3.00 postage and handling fee together with the ticket price. Tickets will be mailed after payment has been completed. Written requests will be filled in the order they are received. In principle, tickets once purchased cannot be returned or exchanged. Please consult our General Terms and Conditions, which are available via Ticket Services or here.
- Children, teenagers and young adults up to the age of 30 receive a rebate of 20% for performances in the Main Auditorium and tickets in ticket categories 1 - 7. In addition, students, apprentices, Federal Volunteer Service members (all up to the age of 30) may receive available tickets for same-day performances at the evening box office for a fixed price of €15.00. Please also note our offers of "YouthCards" and "FamilyCards".
- Unemployed persons and recipients of unemployment benefits (Arbeitslosengeld II) / welfare may receive a reduction of 50% on ticket categories 1-7 at the evening box office. The State Opera also participates in the programmes of the organizations "Hamburger Kulturschlüssel" and "KulturLeben Hamburg" with offers that vary from month to month.
- Handicapped persons with a certified handicap of at least 80% and their accompanying persons, if applicable, will receive a reduction of 50% on the ticket prices at the box office.
- Groups of at least 10 persons receive a reduction of 10% for performances in price categories C to G in ticket categories 1 to 5; groups from 30 to 80 persons receive a 20% rebate. Groups of at least 25 persons also receive one free ticket for accompanying persons.
- Groups of at least 10 students accompanied by a teacher responsible for the group will receive reduced tickets at €10.00 per ticket for group orders placed for performances in the Main Hall.
Use of the State Opera cloakrooms is free for audience members. Large items (coats, umbrellas, large bags and comparable unwieldy items) may not be taken into the auditorium.
We are happy to mail you the monthly programme flyers for the State Opera free of charge. You may also subscribe to the State Opera's Journal for a €12 postage fee (subscribers and Opera Card holders pay €6 per season).
Our email newsletters inform you regularly about our current programme and other noteworthy facts from the opera and ballet world. Please register free of charge on our websites.
Enjoy a rich culinary selection in the stylish atmosphere of our State Opera foyers – one hour before any performance and during intermissions.
Tel.: +49 (40) 35 01 96 58
Fax: +49 (40) 35 01 96 59