Große Theaterstraße 25
Tel. +49 (0)40 35 68 68
Fax +49 (0)40 35 68 610
Monday to Saturday, 10 am to 6:30 pm
Closed on Sundays and public holidays
(from August 1 to 29, 2020, Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm)
During the theatre holidays the ticket and subscription office will be closed between July 6 and 26, 2020. During this time, you may purchase tickets from our online shop and via our external ticket sales points.
The evening box office at the State Opera opens 90 minutes before a performance. We kindly ask for your understanding that during evening box office hours, guests for the current performance have priority and that in some cases, advance sales cannot take place even during regular box office hours.
Register once, and you can select your tickets easily and comfortably, book and pay for them, and print them out at home, or send them directly to your mobile phone. We charge a postage and handling fee of €3.00 for sending tickets by mail. You may purchase tickets via our online shop using your credit card (Visa, MasterCard), via "Direct Wire Transfer" or via SEPA direct debit.
As of Monday, May 11, 2020 at 10 am (for subscribers: from Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 10 am) you can purchase tickets for the entire opera, ballet and concert season. For concerts of the Hamburg Philharmonic State Orchestra at the Elbphilharmonie (Grand Hall) up to 4 tickets per concert programme and a total of 10 tickets can be purchased per person and household (see also page 118). Advance sales for the Opening Concert of the Hamburg International Music Festival 2021 begin probably in November 2020.
For the Ballet Workshops starting at 10 am on August 24, 2020, tickets go on sale at the Ticket Services office (tickets limited to 2 per customer and household) or by calling +49 (40) 35 68 68. Reservations, bookings via the internet or written orders (via fax, email or letter) are not possible. A limited contingent of tickets will be reserved for persons older than 70 or with a certified handicap of at least 80%; these tickets can be ordered via telephone (subject to current availability). The corresponding ID documents must be shown when picking up the tickets.
For the Nijinsky Gala: Requests in writing (only via mail, with sufficient postage) will be accepted between September 21 and September 25, 2020 at the following address: Hamburgische Staatsoper, Kartenservice/Galabestellung, Postfach 302448, 20308 Hamburg, Germany. Requests and booking cannot be submitted in person and tickets cannot be purchased at the box office or via the internet. All requests will be handled in the order they were delivered to us by the German postal service. Please submit your name, address, customer number (if available), number of tickets requested (maximum of 2 tickets per customer and household) in legible writing (illegible requests will be discarded); please also choose between payment via direct debit or credit card. Accordingly, please submit your account information or your credit card information including the expiry date and verification code. Requests that had to be turned down last year will be treated preferentially if they reach us during the time period mentioned above. From October 26, 2020, we will inform only those whose requests can be fulfilled.
Tickets for performances of the 2019/2020 season can also be purchased at all known ticket sales points, via Hamburg Tourismus GmbH and via eventim.de and the CTS Eventim sales points.
Tickets can be purchased at our Ticket Services office in cash and by using your debit or credit card; sales via the phone or in writing can be paid for via credit card (Visa/MasterCard) or by payment via SEPA direct debit. Tickets ordered by mail or phone must be picked up and paid for within seven days after the reservation has been received; the exact date will be noted in your written reservation confirmation or during your phone order. If you wish, we are happy to mail you your tickets, charging a €3.00 postage and handling fee together with the ticket price. Tickets will be mailed after payment has been completed. Written requests will be filled in the order they are received. In principle, tickets once purchased cannot be returned or exchanged. Please consult our General Terms and Conditions, which are available via Ticket Services or here.
- Children, teenagers and young adults up to the age of 30 receive a rebate of 20% for performances in the Main Auditorium and tickets in ticket categories 1 - 7. In addition, students, apprentices, Federal Volunteer Service members (all up to the age of 30) may receive available tickets for same-day performances at the evening box office for a fixed price of €15.00. Please also note our offers of "YouthCards" and "FamilyCards".
- Unemployed persons and recipients of unemployment benefits (Arbeitslosengeld II) / welfare may receive a reduction of 50% on ticket categories 1-7 at the evening box office. The State Opera also participates in the programmes of the organizations "Hamburger Kulturschlüssel" and "KulturLeben Hamburg" with offers that vary from month to month.
- Handicapped persons with a certified handicap of at least 80% and their accompanying persons, if applicable, will receive a reduction of 50% on the ticket prices at the box office.
- Groups of at least 10 persons receive a reduction of 10% for performances in price categories C to G in ticket categories 1 to 5; groups from 30 to 80 persons receive a 20% rebate. Groups of at least 25 persons also receive one free ticket for accompanying persons.
- Groups of at least 10 students accompanied by a teacher responsible for the group will receive reduced tickets at €10.00 per ticket for group orders placed for performances in the Main Hall.
Use of the State Opera cloakrooms is free for audience members. Large items (coats, umbrellas, large bags and comparable unwieldy items) may not be taken into the auditorium.
We are happy to mail you the monthly programme flyers for the State Opera free of charge. You may also subscribe to the State Opera's Journal for a €12 postage fee (subscribers and Opera Card holders pay €6 per season). Orders will be accepted by phone at +49 (40) 35 68 68.
Our email newsletters inform you regularly about our current programme and other noteworthy facts from the opera and ballet world. Please register free of charge on our websites.
Enjoy a rich culinary selection in the stylish atmosphere of our State Opera foyers – one hour before any performance and during intermissions.
Tel.: +49 (40) 35 01 96 58
Fax: +49 (40) 35 01 96 59